[lttng-dev] lttng 2.12 install

Weber, John jweber1 at ball.com
Fri Nov 20 12:43:00 EST 2020

Hi, I have a centos 7.8 workstation that I'm trying to install lttng-modules & lttng-tools from source. Based on your install instructions I'm working on installing the modules part first and its failing. I am getting the error:
Make entering directory /usr/src/kernels/3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7.x86_64
Arch/x86/Makefile:166 *** CONFIG_RETPOLINE=y, but not supported by the compiler. Compiler update recommended... stop
Make: modules error 2

Help, how can I get this program to install? Im stuck. Also, my work environment is classified so there is no access to internet from high side.

John Weber
Ball Aerospace
ITS ND System Administrator
10 Longs Peak Dr., Broomfield, CO 80021