[lttng-dev] Help needed: No UST events recorded

PFLANZER Moritz moritz.pflanzer at hexagon.com
Mon Aug 3 05:35:25 EDT 2020

Hi all!

I'm struggling to get userspace tracing working on an aarch64 platform (busybox on top of Linux 5.4.24 kernel). I followed the guidelines in the docs and am currently using this example program for testing: https://github.com/lttng/lttng-ust/tree/master/doc/examples/hello-static-lib
I cross-compiled lttng-ust and that example, but when I run the following commands on the platform no traces are recorded. If I use the same example on my x86 machine everything works as expected. (And kernelspace tracing is working on that aarch64 system.)

Any hints where I could start investigating the issue are welcome.

Regards,
Moritz

~ # pwd
/root
~ # lttng create
Spawning a session daemon
Session auto-20200720-174509 created.
Traces will be written in /root/lttng-traces/auto-20200720-174509
~ # lttng enable-event -au
All UST events are enabled in channel channel0
~ # lttng start
Tracing started for session auto-20200720-174509
~ # ./hello
Hello, World!
Tracing...  done.
~ # lttng destroy
Session auto-20200720-174509 destroyed
~ # ll
total 40
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         39280 Jul 20 17:44 hello*

Moritz Pflanzer
Software Development Engineer

[cid:image001.png at 01D3BF6E.185110B0]

Räffelstrasse 28