[lttng-dev] Have live session and rotation together

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Wed Apr 22 15:00:39 EDT 2020

----- On Apr 22, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Sergei Dyshel qyron.private at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks! I really missed this feature somehow.
>
> However I see that passing 0 as "tracefile size" will remove size
> limitation. Is it possible to disable CTF trace writing altogether?

No, because the relay daemon uses the on-disk files as intermediate
storage between the receiving end and the part interacting with live
viewers.

Note that https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/1182 tracks a known issue
where the relay daemon mishandles tracefile-count == 0 and tracefile-size != 0.
It has not been a priority to fix this issue so far.