[lttng-dev] Test pid_ns in local build

Michael Jeanson mjeanson at efficios.com
Tue Sep 17 10:06:01 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-17 4:03 a.m., Polzer, Franz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to give the pid_ns context tracing a try and built LTTng from
> master, but I get the following error when applying this command:
>
> lttng add-context -k -t procname -t pid -t vpid -t tid -t vtid -t pid_ns
>
> Error: Unknown context type pid_ns
>
> Maybe I need another branch to build from to get that feature in or
> forgot to enable the feature during building?
>
> Where can I find documentation about the pid_ns tracing and how to test
> the current version of that implementation?
>
> Thanks for your help and best regards,
>
> Franz

Hi,

The namespace statedump and contexts feature has not been merged in
master yet. You can get it from my github in the "ns" feature branches.

https://github.com/mjeanson/lttng-modules/tree/ns
https://github.com/mjeanson/lttng-ust/tree/ns
https://github.com/mjeanson/lttng-tools/tree/ns

It's a bit out of date but should work as-is, or it can be easily
rebased on current master branches.

Cheers,

Michael