[lttng-dev] Scripting for user-defined analyses in Trace Compass

Geneviève Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Wed Sep 4 12:24:56 EDT 2019

Hi all,

During the last few months, we've been working hard to make Scripting
available as a way to define your own trace analyzes and visualizations
in Trace Compass. No more XML or Trace Compass development required! It
uses the Eclipse EASE project [1] and the feature is available through
the Trace Compass Incubator (Tools -> Add-ons...)

Here's a blog post introducing this new feature [2]. Note that content
of this post requires Trace Compass 5.1 (not yet released) or the latest
development snapshot [3].

And here's the user documentation for it [4].

Feel free to try it, send us feedback, request new features. It is far
from feature complete, we focused on how to document the few features we
have so users can easily explore the available features and developers
don't have too much trouble keeping documentation up to date ;-) So let
us know what you would like to have available easily through scripting!

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/ease/

[2] http://versatic.net/tracecompass/introducingEase.html

[3] https://download.eclipse.org/tracecompass/master/rcp/

[4]