[lttng-dev] Statically compiling LTTNG

Eddie Kong Eddie.Kong at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 1 19:19:07 EDT 2019

Hello,

Thank you for all the good work with LTTNG! We’d love to use LTTNG to do analysis in our systems 😊 We are running with a very stripped down version of linux (no package manager, a lot of basic functionalities removed etc). Was wondering if you know of a way to statically compile LTTNG so that we can simply unpack our initrd.img, drop the LTTNG binaries in, repack it, and just run LTTNG to collect diagnostic data. The intent is to keep the system as minimal as possible with LTTNG working inside it.

Thank you,
Eddie