[lttng-dev] 回复:Re: documentation about CTF event payload

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Nov 26 09:47:34 EST 2019

Hi,

(adding back lttng-dev in CC for the benefit of others)

Whenever possible, we try to augment the trace data with such additional
information at post-processing, because capturing it at run-time repeatedly ends
up being costly.

The lttng-analyses project contains state tracker which augment the trace data
with mapping from file descriptor to corresponding file names (see lttnganalyses/linuxautomaton/io.py).
I'm not sure if the Trace Compass project models this mapping between file descriptors and their
associated file, but if not, it would be an *extremely* useful addition.

lttng-modules already dumps the information needed to create that model:

- lttng_statedump_file_descriptor dumps all existing file descriptors for all processes,
- a few system calls (open, dup, dup2, dup3, close, clone(see CLONE_FILES flag), fork,
fcntl(cmd==F_DUPFD)) allow tracking the file descriptor table state changes during the trace.