[lttng-dev] Wrong "ar" used when cross-building lttng

Rolf Eike Beer eb at emlix.com
Mon Nov 18 03:10:13 EST 2019

Am Freitag, 15. November 2019, 16:34:33 CET schrieb Simon Marchi:
> On 2019-11-15 3:18 a.m., Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Simon Marchi wrote:

> >> Hmm I don't remember seeing this error, and I don't see it now.
> >>
> >> Could you please try with master?  If it still happens, you can try to
> >> find from which line of the configure.ac or an m4 file this line comes
> >> from.  I presume it won't be too hard to fix.
> >
> > Sorry, my fault. If I had looked a little closer I could have given you
> > the
> >
> > context:
> >  checking for tput... /usr/bin/tput
> >  tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified
> >
> > ./configure: line 24663: test: -eq: unary operator expected
> >
> > When the package is built inside our automated buildsystem these variables
> > are not set because this is no interactive shell. If I build with an
> > interactive shell these warnings are in fact not there.
>
> It still sounds like the "test" command should be improved, it should not
> fail with an invalid syntax.  Can you give us the relevant lines of
> configure around 24663, and if possible match them to the source lines in
> configure.ac and/or one of the m4 files in the m4 directory?

The line in configure is this:

    if test -n "$PS1" && test `"$pprint_tput" colors` -eq 256 && test -t 1;
then :

Which seems to be one of these 3 lines from configure.ac:

PPRINT_INIT
PPRINT_SET_INDENT(1)
PPRINT_SET_TS(38)

Eike
--
Rolf Eike Beer, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11

emlix - smart embedded open source