[lttng-dev] Wrong "ar" used when cross-building lttng

Rolf Eike Beer eb at emlix.com
Fri Nov 15 03:18:38 EST 2019

Simon Marchi wrote:
> On 2019-11-14 11:24 a.m., Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> > I have not checked latest git, but maybe you may want to fix this warning,
> > too?
> >
> > With 2.11.0 release tarball:
> >
> > -./configure: line 24663: test: -eq: unary operator expected

> Hmm I don't remember seeing this error, and I don't see it now.
>
> Could you please try with master?  If it still happens, you can try to
> find from which line of the configure.ac or an m4 file this line comes
> from.  I presume it won't be too hard to fix.

Sorry, my fault. If I had looked a little closer I could have given you the
context:

 checking for tput... /usr/bin/tput
 tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified
./configure: line 24663: test: -eq: unary operator expected

When the package is built inside our automated buildsystem these variables are
not set because this is no interactive shell. If I build with an interactive
shell these warnings are in fact not there.

Eike
--
Rolf Eike Beer, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11

emlix - smart embedded open source