[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] Userspace RCU 0.11
mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon May 6 16:32:54 EDT 2019
This is a 0.11 release of the Userspace RCU project.
liburcu is a LGPLv2.1 userspace RCU (read-copy-update) library. This
data synchronization library provides read-side access which scales
linearly with the number of cores. It does so by allowing multiple
copies of a given data structure to live at the same time, and by
monitoring the data structure accesses to detect grace periods after
which memory reclamation is possible.
liburcu-cds provides efficient data structures based on RCU and
lock-free algorithms. Those structures include hash tables, queues,
stacks, and doubly-linked lists.
Here is the high-level view of the changes introduced in this release:
* Allow combining many urcu flavors within the same
compile unit. Prefix public APIs with urcu_<flavor>_ prefix. Keep old
symbols as aliases for backward compatibility.
* liburcu flavors public headers are moved, including them from previous
headers for backward compatibility:
urcu-bp.h -> urcu/urcu-bp.h
urcu-qsbr.h -> urcu/urcu-qsbr.h
urcu.h -> urcu/urcu-memb.h
urcu.h (after #define RCU_MEMBARRIER) -> urcu/urcu-memb.h
urcu.h (after #define RCU_MB) -> urcu/urcu-mb.h
urcu.h (after #define RCU_SIGNAL) -> urcu/urcu-mb.h
* The library liburcu is renamed to liburcu-memb, keeping the old
library name as alias for backward compatibility.
* RCU lock-free hash table debugging:
--enable-cds-lfht-iter-debug is introduced.
Building liburcu with --enable-cds-lfht-iter-debug and rebuilding
application to match the ABI change allows finding cases where the hash
table iterator is re-purposed to be used on a different hash table
while still being used to iterate on a hash table.
This option alters the rculfhash ABI. Make sure to compile both library
and application with matching configuration.
* Added support for RISC-V architecture.
* Use membarrier PRIVATE_EXPEDITED when available from liburcu-bp and
The backward compatibility header files, library shared objects, and
symbols will be kept for a few liburcu versions before being removed, at
which point a major soname bump will happen.
As always, feedback is welcome!
2019-05-06 Userspace RCU 0.11.0
* Bump library version to 6:0:1
* Cleanup: update code layout to fix old gcc warning
* Fix: typo CPPLAGS in examples Makefile
* Harmonize pprint macro across projects
* Check for TLS support after CC detection
* Update macros from the autotools archive
* tap-driver.sh: flush stdout after each test result
* Update dead link in lgpl-relicensing.txt
* Add multiflavor compat identifiers
* Cleanup: missing sign compare fixes
* Cleanup: enable signed/unsigned compare compiler warning
* Cleanup: compiler warning on 32-bit architectures
* config.h.in: rename CONFIG_RCU_MULTIFLAVOR to CONFIG_RCU_HAVE_MULTIFLAVOR
* rculfhash: implement iterator debugging config option
* Fix: examples silent rules on Solaris
* Add missing fall through annotations
* Fix: symbol aliases with TLS compat
* Port: no symbols aliases on MacOS
* Add -Wextra to CFLAGS
* Add silent mode to examples Makefiles
* doc: update examples to API changes
* test multiflavor single compile unit
* Update README following API changes
* Use new header locations for includes from urcu code
* Update call-rcu.h and defer.h comments and include guards
* rculfqueue.h: do not include urcu-call-rcu.h
* rculfhash: support use with multiple flavors per compile unit
* rculfhash: do not include urcu-call-rcu.h from public API
* Refactor liburcu to support many flavors per compile unit
* Fix: only wait if work queue is empty in real-time mode
* Fix: don't wait after completion of a work queue job batch
* Fix: don't wait after completion of job batch if work queue is empty
* Fix: workqueue: struct urcu_work vs rcu_head mixup
* Cleanup: workqueue: update comments referring to call-rcu
* Fix: mixup between URCU_WORKQUEUE_RT and URCU_CALL_RCU_RT
* test_rwlock: Add per-thread count to verbose output
* Add *.exe to gitignore for Cygwin
* Fix: pthread_rwlock initialization on Cygwin
* Fix: compat_futex_noasync on Cygwin
* wfcqueue: allow defining CDS_WFCQ_WAIT_SLEEP to override `poll'
* Update documentation for call_rcu before/after fork
* Add support for the RISC-V architecture
* Tests: Add tap-driver.sh for automake < 1.12
* Tests: Replace prove by autotools tap runner
* liburcu-bp: Use membarrier private expedited when available
* liburcu: Use membarrier private expedited when available
* rculfhash: improve error handling of mmap backend
* Fix: don't use overlapping mmap mappings on Cygwin
* Tests fix: errors in shell scripts
* Revert "Use initial-exec tls model"
* Use initial-exec tls model
* Fix: don't use membarrier SHARED syscall command in liburcu-bp
* Tests fix: add missing Cygwin thread id
* Fix: assignment from incompatible pointer type warnings
* Tests fix: unused variable warnings
* Fix: add missing m68k headers to dist
* Bump version to 0.11-pre
Project website: http://liburcu.org
Git repository: git://git.liburcu.org/urcu.git
More information about the lttng-dev