[lttng-dev] Question related to LTTng

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Wed Mar 27 10:20:53 EDT 2019

Hi Ravindra,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 04:53:23PM +0530, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> I am working on a project where I want Trace Compass to analyze and display
> some information. I wanna ask a few things:

This mailing list is focused on lttng/babeltrace/urcu. If you have question
regarding Tracecompass please use their mailing list. [1]

> Q1. Is there any way to extend Trace Compass to work trace data in CTF
> format?

AFAIK, Tracecompass have a CTF reader and have multiple extension point to
analyze the data.

> Q2. How trace data(CTF) can be converted to Linux kernel trace data(LTTng)
> which Trace Compass already understands?

Linux kernel trace data are understood based on a model of the kernel state
transition. A ctf trace could be translated based on the model that
Tracecompass uses.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien