[lttng-dev] Need help with CTF

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:37:17 EDT 2019

> > trace {
> >     major = 1;
> >     minor = 8;
> >     uuid = "6a7715d0-b502-4c65-8678-6777ac7f755a";
> >     byte_order = le;
> >     packet.header := struct {
> >         uint32_t magic;
> >         uint8_t  uuid[16];
> >         uint32_t stream_id;
> >         uint64_t stream_instance_id;
> >     };
> > };
> >
> > In the above what does stream_instance_id does? In CTF documentation [1]
> it looks like packet.header can contain three values(magic, uuid,
> stream_id) then what is stream_instance_id?
>
> This is the ID of the stream itself, whereas `stream_id` is in fact the
> ID of the class or type of stream. Many streams (one per CPU, for
> example) can share the same stream class ID (`stream_id`), but have
> different stream IDs (`stream_instance_id`).

Okay. This was very helpful. I have a doubt about packet.context.

struct packet_context {
uint64_clock_monotonic_t timestamp_begin;
uint64_clock_monotonic_t timestamp_end;
uint64_t content_size;
uint64_t packet_size;
uint64_t packet_seq_num;
unsigned long events_discarded;
uint32_t cpu_id;
};

In CTF documentation information is provided about all packet.context
members except for packet_seq_num and events_discarded. Some of them just
have the name on CTF documentation.

What are these two variables(packet_seq_num and events_discarded)?

> > Please attend this ASAP
>
> Was that turnaround time good enough for you?

Thanks for helping me out. I am GSoC 2019 student at RTEMS. I have been
assigned a few tasks which I have to complete before 22nd July. The 2nd
evaluation will begin on 22nd July.
That's why I am in a rush. :) :)

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,