[lttng-dev] events injection / merging traces

Carlo Caione carlo.caione at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 11:21:34 EDT 2019

On 04/07/2019 15:52, Jonathan Rajotte-Julien wrote:
> Hi Carlo,

Hi Jonathan,
thank you for your reply, quite enlightening.

> This leads to, as always, whats is the end goal here?

This is the context: I'm tracing a Linux kernel (using LTTng) while in
parallel I'm tracing a process running in a bare-metal OS (running on
the same machine but on different cores using a partitioning hypervisor).

The binary trace data obtained from the bare-metal OS is converted to
CTF using babeltrace in a format resembling LTTng (to be analyzed with
TraceCompass).

The goal here is merge the two traces to have a global picture of what's
going on in the system.

--
Carlo Caione