[lttng-dev] SIG33

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Apr 16 13:37:16 EDT 2019

----- On Apr 16, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Joe Sutker <jomasu22 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello LTTng Devs,
> I am working on a project that uses LTTng, and it seems that LTTng is throwing a
> SIG33 signal (Real-time event 33), which Eclipse does not seem to appreciate.
> Would you be able to direct me to the place in lttng-tools that this signal is
> thrown?

Hi,

Based on the signal(7) man page, it appears that real-time signal 33 is used by the NPTL
threading library from glibc.

Indeed, lttng-ust creates 2 threads within the processes it's linked into, so
your application needs to appropriately interact with glibc NPTL in order to link
lttng-ust into it.

Can you provide more details on the nature of your application ? When you
say "which Eclipse does not seem to appreciate", what role is Eclipse having
in this scenario ? It is simply used to launch your application under a debugger
(e.g. gdb) ? If so, what debugger version is it, and on which architecture ?