[lttng-dev] Is lttng reliable enough to use it for billing component

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Thu Sep 13 14:30:59 EDT 2018

Hi,

----- On Sep 11, 2018, at 8:59 PM, syed zaidi <zaidi1039 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I am trying to evaluate if lttng is reliable enough to be used as a source for
> billing component? The main demand here is to make sure that we don't lose any
> traces and have a way to recover from failures for example the session dying
> unexpectedly.
> Please guide me if its a good idea or not to use lttng in this scenario.

LTTng has not been designed with those use-cases in mind, so chances are that it will
not provide the kind of recovery from failures and "don't lose any data" types of
guarantees you are looking for.

Buffering tracing data for system monitoring/debugging has a different set of
requirements compared to your use-case.