[lttng-dev] lost trace events

Alok Priyadarshi alokpr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:12:30 EST 2018

A custom trace event class emits "begin" and "end" events in its
constructor and destructor respectively. So I do not think this is due to
conditional path.

Sequence of commands to capture a snapshot are:
lttng create --snapshot
lttng enable-event --userspace --all
lttng add-context --userspace -t vpid -t vtid
lttng start
lttng stop
lttng snapshot record

We create a new session for each snapshot to make sure that the buffer does
not have any left-over events from the previous session. But I am curious
if lttng shares buffers between sessions or re-uses buffers from an old
session without flushing?

Note that I am using the default LTTNG_BUFFER_PER_UID mode. All processes
for our application run under one UID, and only one tracing session is
active at a time.