[lttng-dev] Unable to decode trace - unexpected unary expression for clock offset

Adrien Charruel adrien.charruel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:58:26 EST 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm running lttng on my embedded system (kernel 4.0.0).

The version of the various packages are:
* lttng-modules-2.10.5.tar.bz2
* lttng-tools-2.10.2.tar.bz2
* lttng-ust-2.10.1.tar.bz2

The trace process is OK, but upon decoding with babeltrace, I get the
following error:

> [error] ctf_clock_declaration_visit: unexpected unary expression for clock
> offset
> [error] ctf_visitor_construct_metadata: clock declaration error
> [error] Error in CTF metadata constructor -22

I found that this commit might solve the issue:

> commit 61cf588beae752e5ddfc60b6b5310f769ac9e852
> Refs: v1.2.0-439-g61cf588b
> Author:     Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com>
> AuthorDate: Tue Feb 9 13:27:24 2016 -0500
> Commit:     Jérémie Galarneau <jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com>
> CommitDate: Fri Feb 12 21:26:26 2016 -0500

However I use babeltrace 1.5.4-1 from debian, and I don't really wish to
recompile it by myself. It's a matter of deploying the solution for many
developpers.

Is there a way to get rid of this error?
Maybe a configuration in my embedded kernel could generate proper clocks
for tracing?

I hope there are enough information here. Thank you for any help you can
give me.

Best regards,

--
Adrien Charruel