[lttng-dev] examples, docs, or working code using babeltrace 2.0.0-pre* ?

Vlad vlad at demoninsight.com
Tue Jun 12 20:56:48 EDT 2018

Greetings,

	I have run into an issue with a custom clock plugin in babeltrace 1.5.5 (https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/1168) and it has been suggested that I try switching to babeltrace 2.0.0 where it may have been fixed.

Now, I would love to be able to do that but a side effect of trying is my current code immediately breaks since all of <babeltrace/ctf/iterator.h> is gone in v2. So, to even begin verifying I need to find a way to port my code to the new API. I understand that v2.0 is meant to have an awesomely better design and everything but right now there aren’t any docs or examples installed by the build. Neither can I find any examples or intro docs in the repo. It doesn’t seem obvious even how to open a trace and iterate through events therein.

Long story short, is there any help available for early adopters by way of sample code or (ideally) something like a quick-start guide a la https://github.com/vincentbernat/babeltrace/blob/master/doc/API.txt for v2.0? Could someone write a quick-and-dirty intro or point me to an working example?

Thanks in advance,
Vlad