[lttng-dev] Probleme with live session on LTTng 2.7.0

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Tue Jun 12 09:16:58 EDT 2018

Hi Thierry,

Babeltrace v1.5.5 is the latest stable version available for Babeltrace. Hence you are good on that end.

LTTng 2.7 is NOT the latest stable available. Since you now have the lttng ppa configured, please upgrade all lttng (lttng-tools lttng-modules-dkms) related packages on both the target and the lttng-relayd host (192.168.0.1).

> Questions :
> - how to change (none) into an other name ?

Not sure how you got the "(none)" there in the first place, make sure that your target have a valid hostname. Note that lttng uses "gethostname" to retrieve the hostname of your machine.
Please try "hostname" in a shell on your target and report your finding.

Still you are making progress since you are able to list the available live session.

> - on the target, I have "Warning : No tracing group detected", how to remove this warning ?

Well all info is in the warning. If you plan on only doing tracing under the root user you can ignore this warning. Otherwise you can create a linux group called "tracing".

Please read [1] for further information about the tracing group.

[1] https://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-tracing-group

Hope this helps

Cheers