[lttng-dev] statically linking liblttng

pedro pinto pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:56:42 UTC 2018

Hi there. I would like to instrument a C++ statically linked application
using the lttng static libraries (i.e. libllttng-ust.a, etc). To try to get
this working I took the quick start example and changed it to use the
following link command line:

gcc -o hello hello.o hello-tp.o -Wl,-Bstatic -llttng-ust
-llttng-ust-tracepoint -lurcu-bp -lurcu-cds -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrt -ldl
-pthread

This does not return any errors but the resulting trace is empty. I was
able to get a trace using the liblttng shared object though.

Is it possible to statically link liblttng ? I am using v2.9.5 of lttng

Thanks in advance!

-pp