[lttng-dev] Userspace LTTng tracing in a non-privileged container

Sasha Goldshtein goldshtn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 12:37:04 UTC 2018

Just wanted to circle back on this: I was able to successfully install LTTng in a non-privileged container and perform user space tracing (indeed, the kernel tracer errors did not prevent user space tracing from working).

Perhaps we could add documentation explaining what it takes to get an LTTng-enabled app running in a container to communicate with the session daemon running in another container, or on the host? I expect this to be a popular scenario.

Sasha