[lttng-dev] Mixing kernel and userspace traces in a single events editor view

John O'Sullivan John.OSullivan at BlackBox.com
Fri Aug 3 09:57:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

I using trace compass on an embedded target, I have a sample application with some user space events and I am also collecting some kernel events.

Is there some way in trace compass of looking at these in a single Events Editor view so that both kernel and Userspace events are interleaved with respect to time?

The script I am using on my target is;

 #!/bin/sh
HOST_IP="10.xxx.xxx.xxx"
#Create a session sending the data over the network to a listening host
lttng create --set-url=net://$HOST_IP
#Create one or more events
lttng enable-event -u -a -c chan1
lttng enable-event --kernel sched_switch,sched_process_fork
#create an event for the logger
lttng enable-event --kernel lttng_logger
lttng start
echo "Loading sample aplication" > /proc/lttng-logger
/usr/bin/sample_application
echo "unLoading sample aplication" > /proc/lttng-logger
lttng destroy

The resulting traces when opened only allows me to view kernel and UST on separate tabs

regards

John

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended for the sole use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Black Box Corporation reserves the right to scan all e-mail traffic for restricted content and to monitor all e-mail in general. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this email in error, any use, dissemination or forwarding of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email.