[lttng-dev] LTTng streams not Hung up even session is destroyed

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Wed Aug 1 18:28:12 EDT 2018

Hi Sai,

You did not answer the other questions I asked. Those answers are necessary for us
to understand what is going on.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 11:11:39PM +0530, sai kiran wrote:
> Hi,
> The reason for reader timer option is, UST event throughput is very low so
> if I don't use this option I'm not at all getting UST trace data. Even
> though the difference between "reader-timer" and "switch-timer" is not
> clear for me. Correct me if I wrong,

Please read the doc/man page for more information regarding those timer [1].

[1] https://lttng.org/man/1/lttng-enable-channel/v2.10/#doc-_switch_timer

"When a channel’s switch timer fires, a sub-buffer switch happens. This timer
may be used to ensure that event data is consumed and committed to trace files
periodically in case of a low event throughput."

This seems to fit your use case. You might be better off using the switch timer.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS