[lttng-dev] LTTNG question (Threads spawned by LTTNG)

Andreas Indlekofer andreas.indlekofer at ch.abb.com
Tue Oct 3 08:33:13 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Our application consists of several services running in their own Linux process. Now we see that every process contains two threads with the same name as the parent process and the ending '-ust'. We are wondering why we have these threads, what is the purpose of the threads and did they influence the runtime behavior in case we do no tracing.
Additionally we see atleast ten lttng-sessiond threads. Also here we have the question, why we have ten threads, what is the purpose and do they influence the runtime behavior, if we have no tracing active.

Best regards,
Andreas