[lttng-dev] tracing page_faults with lttng?

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Wed May 24 16:00:47 UTC 2017

Hey all,

when I trace with perf, I can see page_faults occurring. But when I do
something like the following with lttng:

lttng create
lttng enable-channel kernel -k
lttng enable-event -c kernel -k -a
lttng start
# trigger page faults
lttng stop

then I do not see any page faults in tracecompass/babeltrace. What do I need
to do to see those too? I'm aware that lttng comes with its own set of
tracepoints - i.e. it's not using the same tracepoints that perf knows about.
But googling shows me e.g. this:

https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-April/019954.html
https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2016-May/026033.html

Which sounds like the feature should be available in lttng too?

I'm using the ArchLinux packages in AUR, i.e. version 2.9.2 of LTTng and
kernel 4.10.13-1.

Thanks
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer