[lttng-dev] question about the RCU variant in CITRUS tree paper

Yuxin Ren ryx at gwmail.gwu.edu
Fri May 12 18:41:23 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

If I understand your reply correctly, the update-side lock you
mentioned is the lock used in the tree deletion algorithm.
But their urcu_synchronize contains no lock.
So I think the lock is kind of problem caused by their usage of RCU,
not from their urcu_synchronize implementation.

I want to compare their RCU implementation with the U-RCU
implementation, because the authors argued their implementation
performs better than U-RCU.
Is it possible to use their new RCU implementation as a drop-in
replacement for U-RCU?

I am relative new to RCU, so my question could be stupid.
Many thanks for your time
Yuxin