[lttng-dev] lttng-ust traces are not generated

Swati J Swati.J at nectechnologies.in
Tue May 9 09:45:08 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I am using lttng tool to generate userspace traces but the userspace traces are not getting generated .
I have used the following commands:

[root at pcmk1 ~]# lttng create
Session auto-20170506-152941 created.
Traces will be written in /root/lttng-traces/auto-20170506-152941
[root at pcmk1 ~]# lttng enable-event --userspace --all                            All UST events are enabled in channel channel0
[root at pcmk1 ~]# lttng start                                                     Tracing started for session auto-20170506-152941
[root at pcmk1 ~]# systemctl start pcsd.service
[root at pcmk1 ~]# lttng stop
Waiting for data availability
Tracing stopped for session auto-20170506-152941
[root at pcmk1 ~]# lttng destroy
Session auto-20170506-152941 destroyed

I am not getting any error but also the file is not getting created
I also tried to create userspace traces by logging-in via user rather than root but there is no difference .

If anyone has any alternative approach or any suggestion please let me know .

Regards,
Swati J