[lttng-dev] Allocation failures with babeltrace and TraceCompass - corrupt trace?

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at kdab.com
Wed Jun 28 07:18:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 27.06.2017 21:09, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> We would need links to the actual tarballs/build scripts and patches of
> your specific distribution, for the version you use. The ptxdist packages
> on http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/ appear to target kernel 3.10,
> but yours seems to be based on 4.9.

We are using an unpatched ptxdist-2017.05.0, it does seem to support
kernel 4.9 by setting the KERNEL_VERSION config option.
I'm sorry to say that I can't provide the tarball, patches and build
scripts.

> Without this information, there is very little we can do.

Ok, I understand. Thank you for helping so far. I learned a bit about
lttng, and narrowed down the problem to the block_rq_complete event,
which I can simply disable. The schedule events all work, and the
schedule timeline is the most important bit for me and quite useful already.

> You should probably ask your distribution vendor to look into this as well.

Right, that's worth a try.

Thanks,
Thomas
--