[lttng-dev] Allocation failures with babeltrace and TraceCompass - corrupt trace?

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at kdab.com
Mon Jun 26 09:55:17 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

On 23.06.2017 21:55, Michael Jeanson wrote:
> I see from the metadata file you provided that your kernel version is
> 4.9.28-20170428-1, is it built from vanilla kernel sources? If not,
> could you point us to a git repo or source archive? It would help a lot
> to figure this out.

The Linux system is built with ptxdist, which is similar to Yocto. I'm
not very familiar with ptxdist.
During the build process, it fetches
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.9.tar.xz.
There are 25 patches in patches/linux-4.9/ in the ptxdist root dir,
which I assume are all the patches that are applied.

None of the patches touch the block subsystem, and only one patch
touches include/trace/, adding a new siox tracepoint. One patch sets
"20170428-1" as the EXTRAVERSION. I don't know where SUBLEVEL is set to 28.

include/trace/events/block.h is the same as
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/v4.9/include/trace/events/block.h.

That's all relevant information about the kernel I could figure out so far.

Any other information that would help?

Regards,
Thomas
--