[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] Babeltrace 2.0.0-pre1

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Tue Jun 13 19:19:26 UTC 2017

On 13 June 2017 at 15:04, Simon Marchi <simon.marchi at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> On 2017-06-13 20:38, Jérémie Galarneau wrote:
>>
>> FYI, the in-tree plugins are embed-able by setting
>> BT_BUILT_IN_PLUGINS=1 at configure time.
>

> I was wondering why this was an environment variable and not a command line
> flag to configure.  I find env var-related problems more difficult to
> diagnose in general (because they might not be mentioned in bug reports, for
> example), so that caught my attention.
>
> Simon

Honestly, it's mainly because it's not clear how to set it as an
autoconf option while obeying their guidelines.

See https://autotools.io/autoconf/arguments.html

That doesn't fit the --enable/disable (it's not enabling a feature) or
--with/without (it's not acting on an external dependency) paradigms.
In this respect, environment variables seem "fair game".

Jérémie

--
Jérémie Galarneau