[lttng-dev] Patch for lttng tools to build on Mac OSX 10.11.6

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Thu Jun 1 22:26:03 UTC 2017

On 1 June 2017 at 18:03, Dávid Beck <david.beck.priv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a quick look into this pull request and I haven’t found how this
> relates the issues I found:
>
> 1, HOST_NAME_MAX was not defined
> 2, errno.h was needed on Mac
>
> May be it is only my lack of auto tools knowledge, I don’t know. Anyways,
> thank you again.
>

> Indeed, it doesn't fix those issues directly; it disables the build of
> everything except the lttng-relayd on macOS in the default build
> configuration.
>

> I see. But the fixes I sent you are actually fixing the build of relayd.

Your patch affects two files:

src/bin/lttng/commands/view.c
which is part of the lttng client and not used elsewhere. The client
is not built on macOS anymore (as per the PR).

I won't merge that part unless someone confirms the toolchain works on macOS.

src/common/compat/time.h
This fix looks good, but I'll have to look into it since ci.lttng.org
builds the lttng-relayd on macOS. Perhaps a system header changed
since between 10.11.6 and 10.12.5 (which I think is what the CI is
running).

Jérémie

--
Jérémie Galarneau