[lttng-dev] Patch for lttng tools to build on Mac OSX 10.11.6

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Thu Jun 1 21:59:51 UTC 2017

On 1 June 2017 at 17:30, Dávid Beck <david.beck.priv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jérémie,
>
> Sounds great, thank you!
>
> I had a quick look into this pull request and I haven’t found how this relates the issues I found:
>
> 1, HOST_NAME_MAX was not defined
> 2, errno.h was needed on Mac
>
> May be it is only my lack of auto tools knowledge, I don’t know. Anyways, thank you again.

Indeed, it doesn't fix those issues directly; it disables the build of
everything except the lttng-relayd on macOS in the default build
configuration.

I'm not sure it is worth addressing the build issues, except if
someone can confirm whether or not the rest of the toolchain actually
works on macOS.

Thanks,
Jérémie

--