[lttng-dev] combined kernel and userspace trace

Deneau, Tom tom.deneau at amd.com
Thu Jun 1 12:49:50 UTC 2017

Using, lttng 2.9.4

Doing combined kernel and usermode tracing and then looking at the combined trace with babeltrace...
I have noticed there is often a period at the beginning of the combined trace which is all kernel events and similarly a period at the end of the combined trace which is all userspace events.

I suppose I can just search for the section in the middle where both channels are active but is there any way to eliminate the single-channel sections at the beginning and end?

Also, is it guaranteed that once I get to the section where both channels appear active in the trace that I will be seeing all events in the combined trace?

-- Tom Deneau