[lttng-dev] babeltrace tests (master/2.0)

Nathan Lynch nathan_lynch at mentor.com
Thu Aug 3 20:36:03 UTC 2017

How is the babeltrace test suite on the master and stable-2.0 branches
intended to be used?

Effectively there are four test suites, one for each definition of TESTS
in the tests/ directory.  If one of them has a failure, 'make check'
will not proceed to the next unless the -k/--keep-going flag is used.
Is this intended?  I unwittingly was running only the tests under
tests/cli (some of which always fail) until I discovered this.

Defining multiple test suites this way seems to be unusual; other
projects I've checked just have one top-level definition of TESTS.

I'm aware of the rationale for doing it this way:

commit 6ca1931cb32ca2eb33252896d2a42a4c48af436a