[lttng-dev] Beginner question: how to inspect scheduling of multi-threaded user application?

Jonathan Rajotte Julien Jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Thu Sep 15 15:49:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 2016-09-15 11:41 AM, David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi Jonathan
>
> Thanks, I had not logged out/in after joining the tracing group.
>
> I now see:
>
> $ lttng create demo_session
> Session demo_session created.
> $ sudo lttng enable-event -k sched_switch -s demo_session
> Error: Event sched_switch: Kernel tracer not available (channel channel0, session demo_session)
> Warning: Some command(s) went wrong
>
> What do I need to install?

Did you have a look at http://lttng.org/download/#ubuntu ?

I recommend the use of the ppa if possible. For kernel tracing make sure
to install the lttng-modules-dkms.

Make sure there is not error during the installation. It might happen
but should not :) .

If it's not done already make sure to drop by
http://lttng.org/docs/#doc-getting-started for more informations.

Cheers

--
Jonathan R. Julien