[lttng-dev] babeltrace API question

Philippe Proulx eeppeliteloop at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:49:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Sebastien Boisvert <sboisvert at gydle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I would like to add filter options to babeltrace.
>
> I am exploring the babeltrace API.

I would strongly advise you NOT to use this API as we're about to
deprecate it in a few weeks when Babeltrace 2.0 is released. A whole new
API based on reference counts will be available when it's released and
you will be able to develop a filter plugin which can be inserted in a
graph of connected components where a stream of events and other
notifications flow.

In the meantime you can use the Python bindings (this API will remain
maintained) to achieve what you want.

Phil