[lttng-dev] [RFC/PATCH 0/3] babeltrace: test harness improvements + new tests

Nathan Lynch Nathan_Lynch at mentor.com
Tue Oct 25 16:05:39 UTC 2016

On 10/25/2016 10:50 AM, Jonathan Rajotte Julien wrote:

> On 2016-10-25 11:34 AM, Nathan Lynch wrote:
>> This is working toward moving from popt to GLib for command-line
>> parsing.
>
> What is the motivation behind this ?

Babeltrace already uses GLib extensively and, as best I can tell, it
doesn't do anything with command-line options that GLib doesn't support.
 GLib's command-line parsing facility is explicitly intended to be a
replacement for popt:

https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Commandline-option-parser.html#glib-Commandline-option-parser.description

I'm also working on improving Babeltrace's MinGW port and removing the
popt dependency will make that easier.