[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng-analyses v0.5

Julien Desfossez jdesfossez at efficios.com
Mon May 30 18:20:54 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

We are glad to announce a new release of the lttng-analyses !
https://github.com/lttng/lttng-analyses

This project is a collection of tools to extract metrics and high-level
informations from offline LTTng kernel traces to investigate complex
problems.

The main changes in this release are:
- The integration of the stream intersect mode from Babeltrace (enabled
by default if available). This limits the analysis time-range to only
the section of the trace where we have trace data for all the
processors. This feature is required to make sure we have consistent
information across all CPUs, a warning is displayed if the feature is
not available and users and encouraged to update their Babeltrace
installation;
- Various internal improvements to the MI format and working integration
with Trace Compass;
- The machine interface (now named LAMI) specification is now  is its
own repository: https://github.com/lttng/lami-spec;
- Automated tests (unit and integration), EfficiOS CI integration;
- Code cleanup and bugfixes.

As always, we appreciate all kinds of feedback, use-cases and real-world
experiences, so please test it and let us know what you think about it.

Thanks,

Julien