[lttng-dev] scale numbers for LTTNG

Vijay Anand vjanandr85 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:16:46 UTC 2016

Hi Mathieu, Jonathan,

I have written python scripts to simulate our requirements.
https://github.com/vjanandr/sampleP/tree/master/lttng

Please refer to the README file for further details about the scripts.

Mathieu, I understand your recommendation to use per UID buffers instead of
per PID buffers.
But I dont seem to understand your suggestion to use filters...

Why ? You can always collect trace data into buffers shared across
processes (per-uid buffers)
and filter after the fact.
<<<<<

Did you mean to say write all traces to a file but filter them while
reading based on maybe process ID ?

Regards,
Vijay