[lttng-dev] Segfault during process exit

Jeffrey Chen cpthk at live.com
Wed Mar 2 19:07:21 UTC 2016

Hi:

Our system process will spawn several background threads to do tasks. During the process exit, there is no guarantee that these background threads are finished. I have noticed several times that the execution would segfault during exiting. The stacktrace is showing that the segfault happened at the call to write trace, tracepoint(). My guess is that LTTng cleaned up the tracing connection, and the background thread was still running. Has anyone noticed this issue? I thought about trying wait for all the background threads to complete, but this is very difficult to do in a complex system, as the background thread could spawn more threads during the process. Is there any way to solve this? Thanks.