[lttng-dev] combining perf-based sampling with LTTNG tracing

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Wed Jun 29 10:36:20 UTC 2016

Hey all,

from the LTTNG docs [1] I can see that it is possible to attach PMU data to
LTTNG trace events. Is it also possible somehow to generate separate events
for perf samples?

[1]: http://lttng.org/docs/#doc-adding-context

What I'm looking for is essentially a Linux alternative to the quite awesome
Windows xperf/WPA tools, which not only show you trace events but also contain
sampled CPU performance data, see e.g. [2].

[2]: https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/xperf-for-excess-cpu-consumption-wpa-edition/

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer