[lttng-dev] Filter CTF data streams

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Jun 14 16:15:54 UTC 2016

----- On Jun 14, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> is it somehow possible to filter a CTF data stream? I.e. can I "minimize" a
> full system report to only include the events generated by one of a list of
> interesting processes? Or can I filter by event type? Duration?

This is planned for Babeltrace 2.1. I plan to integrate the lttng-ust bytecode
interpreter into Babeltrace at that point to provide very flexible filtering
directly in C. I will allow filtering per event type, event content, context
content, and so on.

Filtering on a specific range of timestamps should also be possible when we
get there. We actually plan on doing a "trace cut" feature as part of
Babeltrace 2.1, which will allow to apply timestamp-range-selection and
filters to generate a "trimmed" CTF trace.

So yes, all those ideas are already in the pipeline :)