[lttng-dev] Babeltrace, Python3, and the Event Declarations

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 20 16:45:55 UTC 2016

   I'm tinkering with the Python 3 bindings for babeltrace, and I've come upon an odd feature: for a given trace, if I ask for the EventDeclarations (using the TraceHandle), I end up getting the set of event declarations duplicated as many times as there are channels. And I mean exact duplicates.

   It's understandable that event declarations may recur between traces part of a single collection, but within a single trace?  And between channels?

   I looked at the raw metadata file of the trace, and that duplication is also present, so I suppose other babeltrace bindings than Python will run into this.

Daniel U. Thibault, M.Sc.²

Informaticien scientifique, CME-PSC, Centre de recherches de Valcartier
Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
daniel.thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca / Tél: 418-844-4000x4245 Téléc: 418-844-4538
daniel.thibault at forces.gc.ca / Tél: 418-844-4000x4245 Téléc: 418-844-4538

Computer Scientist, MCCS-SPC, Valcartier Research Centre
Defence Research and Development Canada / Government of Canada
daniel.thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca / Tel: 418-844-4000x4245 Fax: 418-844-4538
daniel.thibault at forces.gc.ca / Tel: 418-844-4000x4245 Fax: 418-844-4538

DRDC is an agency of the Department of National Defence / RDDC est une agence du ministère de la Défense nationale