[lttng-dev] Beginner question: how to inspect scheduling of multi-threaded user application?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EMEA.NEC.COM
Fri Aug 26 07:49:50 UTC 2016

Hi Jonathan and Francis

Thanks for your helpful replies.  I am having a bit of trouble implementing your suggestions. Here is my session:

$ lttng create

Spawning a session daemon

PERROR [2885/2893]: bind inet: Address already in use (in lttcomm_bind_inet_sock() at inet.c:109)

Warning: An other session daemon is using this JUL port. JUL support will be deactivated not interfering with the tracing.

Session auto-20160826-083823 created.

Traces will be written in <snip>/lttng-traces/auto-20160826-083823

$ sudo lttng enable-event -k sched_switch

Error: Event sched_switch: Session name not found (channel channel0, session auto-20160826-083823)

Warning: Some command(s) went wrong

There seem to be two problems here:

1)      How to kill a lttng daemon that is already running?

2)      How to specify a session?

Sorry that these are basic questions. I would be grateful if you can help please.

Best regards

David