[lttng-dev] RCU Question

siddharth teotia siddharthteotia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:10:27 UTC 2016

The mail was accidentally sent. Here is more info:

My question really is that when writing a user space application that
leverages RCU, how do I ensure that I am using the proper
flavor/implementation of RCU ? I don't think so I can go ahead with
non-preemptive RCU. And the user space paper does not really tell or
distinguish clearly as to which of the following -- QSBR, MB, BP, signal
can be used for preemptive environments and do not restrict the reader to
not block or not sleep ?

Thanks,
Siddharth

--