[lttng-dev] lttng for arm64

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Apr 5 10:50:46 UTC 2016

----- On Apr 5, 2016, at 2:32 AM, qiuzhenfa qiuzhenfa at hisilicon.com wrote:

> Hi,
>     I want to use lttng-modules to trace kernel, I installed
> lttng-modules accroding "README" file,
> then I can create session and list all kernel events with lttng. now I
> add all events in kernel to session and start. but I view the result
> nothing.
>
> [root at localhost ~]# lttng list
> Available tracing sessions:
>   1) test (/root/lttng-traces/test-19700101-000045) [inactive]
>     Trace path: /root/lttng-traces/test-19700101-000045
>     Live timer interval (usec): 0
>

> Use lttng list <session_name> for more details
> [root at localhost ~]# lttng view
> Trace directory: /root/lttng-traces/test-19700101-000045
>
> [root at localhost ~]# lttng --version
> lttng (LTTng Trace Control) 2.6.0 - Gaia

LTTng modules 2.6.x did not support ARM64. You probably
have newer versions of lttng modules (what version are you
using ? try modinfo on the lttng-modules .ko files). You
will need to upgrade lttng-tools to match the lttng-modules
minor version (e.g., both lttng modules and tools versions
2.7.x can interact together).

If this does not help, please provide the verbose logs
of lttng-tools, as described on the bug reporting
guideline of http://bugs.lttng.org