[lttng-dev] reading text files created by babeltrace

Ganesh Sangle ganesh at portworx.com
Thu Oct 22 16:02:20 EDT 2015

I am trying to use the babeltrace lib to read a trace file. So here it the
flow: 1. babeltrace /var/log/some_trace > trc.txt 2. My program does this
in trying to add a trace after creating context:

code
int err = bt_context_add_trace(ctx, path, "text", nullptr,
    nullptr, nullptr);
code

   1. Compile and Run the program gives this error: code [error] [Context]
   Format "text" unknown. code

The idea is that i have trace generated on multiple machines - and though I
can read use my program to directly read the binary trace files on my local
system, for other systems, i convert the trace using babeltrace and then
process all these traces together.

The package i have installed is this: babeltrace-devel-1.2.4-1.el7.x86_64

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33289656/babeltrace-format-text-unknown

--
-ganesh