[lttng-dev] Best practices to trace built in drivers

Jay Aurabind jay.aurabind at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 00:41:20 EST 2015

Hello everyone!

I am learning how to use lttng and I would like to get some
suggestions or best practices that you experienced hackers use to
trace kernel components.

Specifically I would like to know how I can easily trace built in
drivers which does its job well before the userspace has come up. For
example, I would like to trace the i915 driver, when configured to be
a built in module rather than  a module.

Please provide some suggestions on how to deal with this situation.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Aurabindo J