[lttng-dev] introduction & usage of LTTNG in machinekit

Michael Haberler mail17 at mah.priv.at
Fri Mar 27 11:51:22 EDT 2015

Hello,

before I start asking questions - a short intro:

I learned about lttng by David Goulet's talk at FOSDEM 2013

I am involved in machinekit.io, a portable realtime application for motion control
machinekit runs on several kernels - starting from vanilla (no time guarantees), RT-PREEMPT, Xenomai, and RTAI; on x86, amd64 and ARM platforms.

As some of the processing is highly time sensitive, I'm looking into integrating LTTNG into the machinekit build so we have options beyond logging and timestamping manually. For instance, currently some transcendental math functions on ARM overrun the time budget.

I've started integrating the build support and am running into my first problems. So, that's the context of my following questions - thanks in advance for guiding me through any blunders.

looking forward using lttng productively.

Michael

ps: in case you're interested - a talk about the portable realtime API: http://static.mah.priv.at/public/portable-realtime-API-talk/