[lttng-dev] Alternative to signals/sys_membarrier() in liburcu

Duncan Sands duncan.sands at deepbluecap.com
Mon Mar 23 05:35:10 EDT 2015

> So, given the fact that the userspace RCU library does now see
> some real-world use, is it now time for Mathieu to resubmit his
> sys_membarrier() patch?

I'm using userspace RCU with success in financial software, so the LTTng project
isn't the only user.  It works well, but it's not as fast as I'd like.  My
profiling shows that the performance hit is coming from the memory barriers.  So
I would very much like to see sys_membarrier go in.

Best wishes, Duncan.